Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Fresh meat for Zues and Appolo

So after months of rumours that included George Clooney, Vince Vaughn and Ben Affleck, the main casting for the movie version of Magnum P.I. is rumoured to be complete.


The role of Thomas Magnum, the former Vietnam vet living in a palatial estate as the head of security while being a private investigator on the side is Matthew McConaughey. Obviously with a light comedic actor like McConaughey, the movie is going to be closer to the early Magnum episodes which were more playful than some of the serious melodrama that the show got into in the latter years.


I guess from a sex appeal aspect, women are going to love this choice. I don't quite get it when it comes to McConaughey. I remember one woman (whose name I will not mention as I see no need to embarrass her) was telling me how she loved McConaughey. I said she should see A Time To Kill. She didn't recognize the title and asked me what it was about. I was telling her about Carl Lee Hailey (played by Samuel L. Jackson) who kills these guys who raped his daughter and that McConaughey plays the lawyer who defends him. She did not know the movie but told me that it sounded like another movie where McConaughey takes his shirt off. Turns out, it was the same film. It's the scene where after the KKK burns down his house for representing Hailey in court.


The Top 5 Matthew McConaughey movies
1. A Time To Kill
2. Lone Star
3. Amistad
4. Contact
5. Sahara


What is even more interesting about the cast is the fact that it will be a reunion of some of his castmates from the underrated action movie Sahara, William H. Macy and Steve Zahn. Macey will play Jonathan Higgins, the manager of the estate in which Magnum resides. Zahn, in the most inspired casting of all, will play local bar owner Rick Wright. The role of TC looks like it will be played by Tyrese Gibson.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home