Thursday, July 20, 2006

I love lists


As most of you know, I do love lists. The british magazine The Observer has posted a list of the 50 Albums that changed music. The list itself has all of the usual suspects including The Beatles' Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Stevie Wonder's Songs In The Key Of Life, Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and Nirvana's Nevermind.

It also has some personal faves of mine such as David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars and Otis Redding's Otis Blue.

The most suprising part, other than the inclusion of album's by Kate Bush and The Spice Girls is that the #1 choice was The Velvet Underground & Nico.

Top 5 Velvet Underground songs
1. Stephanie Says
2. What Goes On
3. Heroine
4. Femme Fatale
5. Rock And Roll

I was never into the band that much earlier in my life as they were just too loud, too unfocused musically. But listening to them now, I realize they are the beginning of alternative music. Not that I am a fan of where alternative music is now, but I certainly like how it started.

Hopefully, in response to my scathing Robin Williams comments, apparently Heath Ledger has signed on to play the Joker in the new Batman movie. I know you are looking at the link I have added that goes to The Latino Review thinking what the heck do they know. Apparently, they scooped everyone last year by being the first publication to declare that unknown actor Brandon Routh was hired to play Superman.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home