Monday, July 31, 2006

D'you like Mel Gibson movies?

The Hollywood world was rocked over the weekend as actor/director Mel Gibson was caught for drinking and driving. His exchange with the arresting officer, caught on audiotape includes a swearing and anti semitic tirade that would make any of his fans blush.

The tirade included comments that his "life was fucked", that he "owns Malibu" and will spend all his money to even with the officer. He then launched into an anti semitic rant about "fucking Jews" and that they are "responsible for all the wars in the world".

What makes things more interesting is that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps. Gibson has recently released a statement calling his actions despicable and basically blaming it all on the alcohol.

It is the website TMZ.com has been all over this story and have learned that he has been stopped on two other occasions for reckless driving in Malibu but has been allowed to walk without a ticket or arrest.

I once had my own personal encounter with Gibson. First off, the whole thing was quite a coincidence as we were already planning to see Mel Gibson's movie Signs that night. Anyway, I went to the Second Cup in Yorkville to pick up coffee. There is this short guy with a bald spot in front of me, so I am not thinking anything. All the sudden he turns around, and it's Mel Gibson and I say "holy fuck." He then gives me this self depricating look and says, "I am just picking out a muffin." He must have thought I was some crazy fan. The thing is, I'm not. I was just suprised to see him there.

I'm not a fan because I am really tired of the bulk of his movies because the usually involve him or his family getting hurt or killed and he has to seek vengeance against them.

Top 5 Mel Gibson movies that include his family getting hurt/killed and him having to seek vengeance.
1. Payback (okay, this film I actually love)
2. Lethal Weapon
3. Ransom
4. Mad Max
5. The Patriot

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger PaulGHurtubise said...

I liked "Conspiracy Theory," possibly because he was almost himself in it, as evidenced by his comments about the semites starting all these wars. Darned semites!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home