Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Some Tuesday Musings


Why are there four judges on Canadian Idol? Does the foursome really trump the American Idol threesome?

Maybe I really am not a sports fan. The Stanley Cup finals are on, last night was game one and I watched about 5 minutes of it. The NBA playoffs are in full swing and I have not watched a second of it. I don't believe I have watched an NBA playoff game since Jordan sank that last minute basket to win the Bulls their last championship. The FIFA World Cup is about to start and I can't see me watching much of that either.

What is the deal with Deal Or No Deal. How are people watching it? Seriously, nothing much actually happens, it is just a chance for Howie Mandel to keep that career going. A recent SNL skit really hits home about what is wrong with that lame game show. And why was Canadian songstress Celine Dion on the show last night?

Whatever happened to Anna Chlumsky from the My Girl films? Some website I have never heard of has an article written by her that is borderline interesting but is really more self-serving than anything.

Why do I continue to be fascinated by the career of Mariah Carey?

Why does actor John Cusack continue to do movies that if I was an actor, i would want to star in or wish I had written? Okay, Con-Air is the one exception.

Top 5 John Cusack films that (sort of) mirror or mirrored my life at some point.
1. High Fidelity
2. Grosse Pointe Blank
3. Say Anything
4. The Sure Thing
5. Hot Pursuit

If you are interested, Cusack sometimes writes on The Huffinton Post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home