Monday, May 22, 2006

Sideways (without Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen)


J-Mac and I tried to duplicate Paul Giamatti and Thomas Haden Church's trip in the film Sideways by heading down to Niagara-On-The-Lake for some golfing and wine tours.

We talked in advance and J-Mac agreed to a $150 budget for wine purchases. I quickly realized that when she hit that limit before we'd even reached our hotel, that I wasn't really going to be able to have any say on the subject matter. Suffice to say, I drank more different kinds of wine than i ever have in my life and I am even more confused about what makes a good wine than I was before.

The higlight of that first night was this funky little restaurant called Zees. It was a little upscale but very friendly and fun. We had a popcorn shrimp appetizer and I had a steak for dinner while J-Mac went with Ontario lamb. I am not a big fan of lamb in general and this was served with polenta which I can't eat. Some people have a texture thing when it comes to found, I have a sound thing when it comes to food. The word polenta sounds too much like placenta...too gross...i could never eat it.

On the morning before we left, we were possibly going to meet up with Ricky B and Koop who were down in the Falls to see Regis and Kelly who were broadcasting from outside their hotel. I turned it on, just to see when it was over so I knew when to call them. I have never watched the show and I got to see them interview Mary Lynn Rajskub from 24. This interview was horrible. Clearly no research is done, they just ask stupid questions. I feel bad for the person being interviewed who must feel it is just a waste of their time.

Top 5 Talk Shows
1. The Daily Show with John Stewart
2. Late Night With David Letterman
3. Jimmy Kimmel Live
4. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
5. Late Night with Conan O'Brien

Monday afternoon included a round of golf at Oak Hall. I preceeded to have my best round ever despite the cool temperatures and sometimes brisk wind. I think I am finally getting it when it comes to this stupid sport.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home